+ Reply to Thread

Default new wood stove install

I have recently purchased a new regency wood stove. the problem that I am having is the location for the stove the original location did not work due to the valley of the roof so i have to move it over about five feet. My question is the only place to put the stove right now is the middle wall but i have to cut the truss in order for the wood stove to fit correctly, how will the integrity of my roof be after i box it in or is their a better solution please help!!!

Default Re: new wood stove install

Are you not able to route the stack around the valley limitation? That would be my first suggestion.

the install is on a double wide trailer so between the ceiling and the roof you have no more than a foot of clearance plus or minus so I'm not sure weather or not you could add a elbow their or not.I can't use an elbow inside the home due to clearance requirements. i think that's what your asking,anyway i would prefer to run the stack straight up without any turns.

"I can't use an elbow inside the home due to clearance requirements. i think that's what your asking,anyway i would prefer to run the stack straight up without any turns."

Yes, I was thinking of a couple 45*'s (not 90*'s) inside to get away from the valley.

If you do move it to the second location I would try very hard not to cut into the truss. As you probably know, they are engineered to a specific design to carry their load. Any cuts usually require redesigning that truss to include the reinforcement. It doesn't sound like you have a lot of room up there to work to reinforce the truss or build additional load carrying structure.