+ Reply to Thread

Thread: fred

Exclamation fred

house is a 1999 built we just been their a year had more insulation blown in attic o7' now seems ever time we take a hot bath or shower th walls in bedroom get wet from ceiling to the studs the studs are metal.we even turn exhaust fan on still no help????

Default Re: wet walls ?

Quote Originally Posted by rl_mowrey@hotmail.com View Post
    house is a 1999 built we just been their a year had more insulation blown in attic o7' now seems ever time we take a hot bath or shower th walls in bedroom get wet from ceiling to the studs the studs are metal.we even turn exhaust fan on still no help????
    any suggestion on how to solve problem

Default Re: fred

th walls in bedroom get wet from ceiling to the studs the studs are metal.
    Maybe it's just me ... I'm not quite sure what you are describing.

Quote Originally Posted by canuk View Post
    Not just you.

Smile Re: fred

Is the bath possibly an open concept in the master bedroom? I know that in our main bath when it is extremely cold out with the vent fan on we still have condensation on the bath ceiling and walls but that is mainly cause of no heat in that room.
    If not open concept in master bdrm then you have an issue. I'm confused also.

Cris

Quote Originally Posted by canuk View Post
    our house was bulit with metal studs so when we take hot baths or really hot showers you can see the studs and the wall is wet where they are.the bath has no doors just two door openings to bathroom.it just started doing this since it got cold.

It's similar to what's known as "ghosting" in colder climates and due to lack of a thermo break ( or poor insulation).

The cold will come through where the studs or joists are, more than anywhere else. If the humidity is fairly high in the house the cold parts of the wall or ceiling in front of the framing will attract the moisture. Make sure you have a bathroom fan on while showering and let it run for a long time after.

Hope this helps.