+ Reply to Thread

Default Pocket Door Repair

Hi
    I have a pocket door (no idea what brand) that has fallen off the wheel track at the top. It is sitting in the pocket - I can pull it mostly out, but it is obviously not working. I am able to life the door up and get the righ-most wheel back on the track, but not the rest of the door. So the left side just sags down. I will assume I need to take off the trim and re-hang it that way. Anybody done this repair and can direct me would be great.
    thanks

Default Re: Pocket Door Repair

ok.....so I took the trim off and was able to rehang the door on the track, but as soon as I close the door, the inner wheel falls right off the track. So, I took the door out altogether - I noticed that whoever installed the door initially only secured the track with screws where the door opening is - there are no screws holding the track to the ceiling in the pocket - however, the track itself does not feel loose. I plan on likely replacing the door, but not sure if the hardware on the door is the reason it won't stay in the track, or if it is the track itself. Any advice is appreciated.

Default Re: Pocket Door Repair

thanks - the door falls off the track in the pocket - which is where screws are missing to secure the track. I count 5 screws missing and I have no clue how to get to them - I assume the door falls off as the track starts to pull down off the ceiling a bit (I can tug on the track inside the pocket about 5 inches and I can pull it down a bit and it also bends inward a bit - this makes sense that this is why the door falls off.
    thanks for your help