+ Reply to Thread

Default Painting wood floors

I need advise. We are remodling a 1893 schoolhouse and had to replace some flooring where the house cut into to be moved. The problem is husband used a diferent kind of wood to replace what was cut out. tried to stain and it don't match up. tried everything i cand think of... Is there a wood looking paint out there somewhere? Or one that I could use? or am I out of luck on all.

Default Re: Painting wood floors

Hello, Actually I had the same problem. I had mismatched wood in my bedroom and decided to paint it as well. I was told this is often done in country home, but It is fast becoming a modern trend. I was told to purchase Porch and floor paint. I purchased Berh Porch and Floor paint in a steal grey. I was told buy the paint spe******t at Home depot that I would need to buy a Varathane wood finish as well. He suggested cleaning the floor well, then painting it. After it dries to apply 1 or 2 coats of the varathane and it should hold up very well. I hope this helps. Try the guys at Home Depot, they really helped me out. Good Luck....By the way my floor looks flawless,oh yeah, I suggest a low luster so the room doesnt look so shiny.
    Last edited by kalelsfca; 01-13-2008 at 11:51 AM. Reason: spelling

So sorry, I forgot to mention, they do have several different colors. There were browns and cherry paints, but the wood grain effect will not be there.

Thanks so much. You helped a lot. Hope mine turns out as good as yours.