Hi have a metal range hood louver cover on the exterior of my house that rattles with any wind and is also notorious for letting in hot air during the summer and freezing air in the winter. Are there any products that have motorized louvers that open when you turn on the fan and close when it's shut off that is designed for range hoods? I know such things are commonplace in industrial settings, but is such a thing available for home application?

Also, I have a typical cabinet over the stove hood that hides the exhaust pipe and is used for cereal boxes. Is there an easy way to insulate around the exhaust pipe itself without losing much interior cabinet space?

Thanks - Oakville Dave, Oakville, Ontario, Canada.