+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Kohler/Moen...Home Depot and Lowes

Customer service at MOEN says that ALL warranty issues are handled directly through them regardless of where purchased .
    I can forward the e-mail to anyone that needs it .

I have contacted KOHLER and AMERICAN STANDARD on that same issue and am awaiting a reply .

Kind of surprised, expected to see those letters posted by now, Leslie. You’re known as a prolific poster. Why so quiet now?

Finally got through to AMERICAN STANDARD . The nice young lady said that naturaly you would attempt to handle warranty issues through the point of purchase for an initial period of time .
    ( Just like any other product you buy ) After that , they will be happy to assist you .
    I give up on KOHLER , they have not responded .

I think that we can call that warranty myth .... BUSTED .

Well it looks as though you won't be getting a responce from DwarfWytch since she has been banned from TOH forum.

Hmmmm.... I wonder why?

It's not her first ban from a forum and we all know that she'll be back . Soon .

Quote Originally Posted by djohns View Post
    Finally got through to AMERICAN STANDARD . The nice young lady said that naturaly you would attempt to handle warranty issues through the point of purchase for an initial period of time .
    ( Just like any other product you buy ) After that , they will be happy to assist you .
    I give up on KOHLER , they have not responded .

I think that we can call that warranty myth .... BUSTED .
    KOHLER finally responded to my request for info . They handle warranty issues themselves . That's three for three .

Some manufacturers for example have plastic lavatory drains for there discount chain lines instead of brass. One shower valve I installed had a shower arm 1 inch shorter than the ones I buy from my wholesaler. 1 inch X 10,000 faucets is a lot of savings for the discount chains. This caused me a trip to the hardware store which added app. $45.00 to the service call. Also I don't warranty anything the customer buys from the discount chains and it only takes one defect to eliminate any perceived savings if you have to pay a plumber to return on a defective product.