+ Reply to Thread

Default Bay Window Options

I just purchased a home in SoCal it has bay windows. So far all I have done is install white 2" wood blinds (they are recessed and don't affect the "seating area" of the bay window at all). I would like to use the window area in my dining room to display house plants or photos. It is about 2 feet deep. I don't want to make it a window seat and I don't want to just place the display items on the painted surface of the bay window. Any ideas or suggestions on how to line or create a display shelf in an area like this?

Default Re: Bay Window Options

2 thoughts 1]have a piece of plate glass cut to fit the area and the edges rounded 2] have a copper palnter tray made to fit.
    Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb

How about some large ceramic tiles with Felt placed on the bottom side of them, that way they won't mar your paint on the window. It won't do much for leaking water from the plants though, I would not water the plants on the window though.

Thanks...Both are great ideas I would not have thought of. The tile answer made me want to look for granite tiles that would complement my kitchen counter (which sits adjacent to this window). Thanks for the inspiration and if anyone else is out there with ideas - keep them coming!! Thanks!