+ Reply to Thread

Default another unlevel cieling problem

Like a previous post, I have an unlevel cieling, except, I have an added challenge. I am putting up cherry crown (not painting!!)on kitchen cabinets. I have a very small reveal -
    1/8" - above the door, so I do not have the possibility of lowering the crown and filing in the cieling gap. Any ideas?

Default Re: another unlevel cieling problem

I think you need to be more specific on your problem. If it is a matter of attaching the crown molding I would put a block on top of the cabinet attached from instide the box and then nail your crown into it. If that is what you mean.

I am nailing into a block of wood as you note. My issue is that my ceiling has a slight tilt to it. If I line the crown up with the ceiling, one of the cabinet doors becomes blocked and is unable to open. I am wondering what is the best was to account for this ceiling issue - cut into the cieling or somehow taper the crown (use a planer? a ban saw?) I have removed a lot of the texturization of the ceiling in this area and that has helped, but the corner still doesn't quite work. Please help! I'm running out of crown!

Sounds like you will have to scribe the molding and shave it to fit accordingly.

Smile Re: another unlevel cieling problem