+ Reply to Thread

Thread: bathrom floor

Default bathrom floor

Hello

This is my first post on the forum. I am remodeling our bathroom on the second floor. I am replacing the subfloor over 2 x 10 joists at 16" centers. I have removed a section of the subfloor, and have been advised to remove the remaining subfloor and start over with new plywood. I will remove the remaining subfloor by cutting around the perimeter of the floor at the lower wall plates. I will install 2 layers of 5/8" TG plywood. Because the cuts I made in the old subfloor do not line up with the floor joists (for example, along a wall partition that does not sit directly over a joist but midway between 2 joists), what is the best method of reinforcing those seams along the walls that are not directly supported by a joist? What would be the most effective way to block those joints/seams between the new subfloor and the exisitng subfloor under the wall plates? I hope the picture will better illustrate the situation.

Thanks!!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bathroom Floor 002.JPG 
Views:	70 
Size:	17.2 KB 
ID:	470  

Default Re: bathrom floor

Put blocking about every 16" between the joists would be the best solution.
    Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb