+ Reply to Thread

Default Can I combine water heater/boiler/forced-air furnace?

I have a space problem so If I could combine some or all it would be good. I have a gas forced-air furnace, a water heater and I need something to heat up some new infloor heating. My house is 800sq/ft. I'd consider a tankless water heater.

Is there something that can take care of it all?

Default Re: Can I combine water heater/boiler/forced-air furnace?

Do you have the forced air heating system with all the ducting in place and heating the home now???

It might be possible to install a heat exchanger in one of the main ducts to supply HW to the in-floor system.

Have you gotten any free estimates from any local heating contractors on how this might be done???

Default Re: Can I combine water heater/boiler/forced-air furnace?

Quote Originally Posted by Watermelon View Post
    I have a space problem so If I could combine some or all it would be good. I have a gas forced-air furnace, a water heater and I need something to heat up some new infloor heating. My house is 800sq/ft. I'd consider a tankless water heater.

Is there something that can take care of it all?
    Here's a suggestion, and I know this will cause some harsh comments, Get a recirculating pump , hook it up to take hot water from your water heater through the in floor coils and back to the cold side. Control the pump with a thermostat.
    Jack

Added -keep the FA. and duct work as is.
    Last edited by JLMCDANIEL; 12-29-2007 at 09:29 PM.
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb