+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Plaster walls tooled to look like subway tile?

Thank you both for the replies. I will look for the Veneitian plaster respair because I have some cracks and one hole to repair. propbably will use the protective coating on the entirity of the tooled walls and then basic bathroom paint on the ceiling and the flat part of the walls. The tooled plaster goes approx 6ft in the shower tub area and then 4 ft on the other 3 walls. I am hoping to repair and retain as much of this craftmanship as possible. I also have this tooled tile in the kitchen.I have some cracks in there as well.

Thanks again,
    Susan

I will post b4 and after pics when there is an after.. thanks again
    Susan

Default Re: Plaster walls tooled to look like subway tile?

The Venetian plaster product I found at lowes is like a paint on product. The sales lady ther told me a good primer and then good quatlity paint with edges calked should be fine.
    What do ya'll think?

I found water proof and dry loc but did not find anything for ornamental plaster. Sales lady said not to use those products because the paint has to breath.

Clear as mud... Right?

Lightbulb Re: Plaster walls tooled to look like subway tile?

i just scrapped layers of paint off the bathroom wall plus a layer of wallpaper and found this same plaster/tile wall underneath...

does anyone know what was used to "color" these plaster tiles?
    i did the quick test for latex vs oil but nothing showed on the cottonball...
    Last edited by cmw; 01-12-2012 at 07:46 AM. Reason: know how i'm gonna repair the walls but need to know how the tiles were colored....