Poll: If available, which DVDs of TOH projects would you buy?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Are you interested in buying DVDs of TOH episodes? Let's let TOH know!

Several people have posted saying that they want to buy DVDs of the TOH episodes. I don't know if anyone at TOH is listening. If enough people tell them they want to purchase these episodes then maybe they will start making them available. Please let then know! Cast your vote below.

Default Re: Are you interested in buying DVDs of TOH episodes? Let's let TOH know!

Probably an old thread, but FWIW, I would buy every season of TOH on DVD. We are in Australia, where TOH airs ONCE a week and past/historical episodes from years gone by are not aired.

I buy old seasons on used VHS, and get them shipped to Australia which costs a considerable amount - but it is worth it to me. Few people seem to be aware, but TOH did sell the Carlisle Project and Bermuda/Concorde (Think that's the one) on DVD for an extremely short time. I bought them as soon as I found out they were available. I have emailed TOH numerous times asking for information about this issue, but have never received a response. I have maybe a dozen seasons here that I pad at least $40 for, and one season I paid vastly more than that.

Personally, I do not believe the sale of "archival" seasons from many years ago, would do anything but boost the number of viewers. As far as sales of more recent seasons..... I don't have a clear idea how many times on cable or FTA the show airs in the States, but I believe it is a LOT! So, I guess the potential to negatively impact network sales is a factor, but I seriously doubt it...

Well, this is my first post to this forum - hope it makes some difference - Thanks. Steve

Default Re: Are you interested in buying DVDs of TOH episodes? Let's let TOH know!

I've been inquiring about this for years. It would be nice
    if TOH had additional features & behind the scenes & commentary--
    like what you get when you buy a movie on DVD.

Talking Re: Are you interested in buying DVDs of TOH episodes? Let's let TOH know!

It would be great to see older projects. My favorite project is still the timber frame barn project. Maybe somehow TOH will post past projects on there web site to draw others to the website.

I am unfamiliar with the barn project.... the Carlisle project had a great barn renovation in it. I agree that TOH should release at least 10+ year old seasons on DVD - they just don't seem to be LISTENING to their dedicated fan base at all. Shot off another email to them a couple of months ago .... surprise surprise.... not even the courtesy of any kind of response.

In Australia where I live, there is now NO TOH at all .... we were getting 2005 episodes on a Saturday morning but even that's gone I believe...not that I watched them, as I already have those recorded and archived.

If the TOH people don't think there's a dollar in doing it, let me illustrate what is happening on eBay/Amazon.

USED copies of TOH are selling for as little as $30 (Manchester) and up to $200US and beyond (Nantucket) - this is for crappy ex-library VHS copies.

I believe their position is this: That sales of the DVD seasons would erode their sales to the networks and reduce the number of viewers of the show overall...... if this is so, it is extremely poor thinking I feel - I believe (I work as a branding consultant by the way) selling the DVD sets would create a whole new market for the show, of people who may have only seen it casually over the years, but when they see it is available to buy or rent, they'd pick it up and see what a brilliant show it is.

Anyway, enough of my ranting - back to designing our wonderful "TOH Dream Kitchen" inspired kitchen.

Steve

YES I would buy DVDs of TOH episodes I have a handicapped son the just loves TOH and he has many vidoes that are wearing out, and he has ask for more for his birthday and Christmas for the last 3 years and I can't get them for him. Please will you start making DVDs this is such a great entertainment for him.
    Sincerely Jan Eaton

Quote Originally Posted by SherryH View Post
    Several people have posted saying that they want to buy DVDs of the TOH episodes. I don't know if anyone at TOH is listening. If enough people tell them they want to purchase these episodes then maybe they will start making them available. Please let then know! Cast your vote below.
    mrh1948 would love to buy every episode of T.O.H.

I very much want to see older episodes of TOH, because I didn't start watching consistently until last year. I'm only 25, and am starting to look at buying a house when I finish graduate school, and I just can't get enough episodes of TOH. Knowing there are 20 years worth of shows that I can't see unless they're released is saddening! TOH -Please find some way to give we younger viewers access to your years of episodes!

Thumbs up Re: Are you interested in buying DVDs of TOH episodes? Let's let TOH know!

I'd like to own every season, all the way back to the first season with Bob Villa, on DVD.

Yes I want to buy TOH projects