+ Reply to Thread

Unhappy Major Pine Needle issue

I live in a 1943 farm house which is quite quaint. However, the home is surrounded by large pine trees which makes yard work anything but quaint. The rose beds especially are difficult to keep tidy. The needles shower over the house, onto the roof, which then fall into the beds and yard. I desparately need ideas on how to keep the yard/beds looking neater, without a weekly, major raking job. If there was at least some way of making the clean up easier that would be a blessing. I rent the home so cutting the trees back isn't going to happen. Our landlord also does not have the time to put into the trees due to running the farm. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!!!!!

Default Re: Major Pine Needle issue

My Dad had the same problem . The needles are going to fall . No way around that . Pruning and cutting limbs will reduce the available needles but that's about all you can do . Somebody is going to have to rake and dispose of them . Have you tried a power blower ? It might help a little .

a lot of landscapers use pine straw in the flower beds, a bale of pine straw used to cost 3.50 several years back. don't know what it costs now. you might find a person who has flower beds who is rather frugal and tell them they can have it if they help you clean it up. never know it can be worth a try and will at least give you someone to help you to maintain it. and might just make a friend in the meantime

Good idea . Worth a try .

Smile Re: Major Pine Needle issue

Thanks to all who replied. I will definitely try the ideas. I appreciate the direction to make this "chore" a bit easier!

I had the same issue. I just cut the trees down. It solved the problem