+ Reply to Thread

Default how do I fit half-round edging to 90 degree angle?

I am tiling a shower with a shampoo recess...how do I fit the half round to meet correctly at the corners of the recess? Having a hard time visualizing the cuts that will allow even grout lines and a smooth fit. Help!

Or, should I just skip the half round and use bullnose?

Default Re: how do I fit half-round edging to 90 degree angle?

You need to hold these items on the saw in the same manner they'll be installed on the wall. For outside corner, that means supporting the piece on a block. Half rounds will either lay flat on the table or vertically against the back fence. Bullnose will be the same as outside corner.

If you can't visualize this properly, then cut some scraps until you get the angles right, then use them to orient the finish piece in the saw.

Thank you, A. Spruce. Not having done this before, I was struggling to visualize what my proper technique should be. Your reply makes so much sense. I'm off to practice!

You're welcome. A note about cutting scraps. Once you get them right, mark them so that you know which is which (you'll have a "left" and "right" ) so that you know which template piece to use for a given cut.

This is a method that I use regularly with crown moldings. Having the scrap template takes all of the guess work out of the equation.