+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Joe Ferrante

Default Joe Ferrante

I just recieved my issue Jan/ Feb '08, and was thumbing through it when I ran across Joe's obituary. I am in total shock. I have watched and enjoyed countless programs where Mr. Ferrante was a guest, and learned so much about tileing, and to just know that there are people like him, that still love doing a tough job. I am sure he will be hard to replace, and surely missed. I know I will miss him.

Default Re: Joe Ferrante

I just got my issue today and read about Joe also, very sad. I learned how to tile my sisters bathroom by using his tips and advice from the show. If the moderators or Norm and the guys happen to read this I hope they pass on to his family how well he was liked by the viewers. We'll miss you Joe.

I just finished watching the episode where Kevin helps Tom build the MDF wainscot. While in the other room, I heard something about the show being dedicated to Joe Ferrante. I can't believe he's gone! We all connect with TV personalities as though they're friends of ours. I LOVE this show! I didn't know him of course, but he really did seem like a great guy and a great man of the trade. The tremble in Kevin's voice clearly validates that. VERY sad. We will miss you Joe!

Before I saw Joe at work, I thought "back buttering" was something you did to the backside of toast! I sincerely hope that the administrator here will pass our condolences on to the family. How very sad to lose someone so talented. Kevin did a great job of getting the news out last night, and I don't envy that task. I am reminded of the architect Christopher Wren, who said on his gravemarker inside St. Paul's Cathedral in London "if you are looking for his monument - you are in it." Those homeowners who were blessed by Joe's work will forever have a monument to him - much like he will live on in us through his educating examples on TOH.

I too saw the toh show on Sat 1/5/2008 and heard the very sad news about the passing of a great man, Joe Ferrante. I have always enjoyed the projects that he and his family worked on. I have learned much from watching him. He will be missed.

I just watched tis on TiVo last night and didn't see anything mentioning him; I was wondering because I thought it was weird that they would show the segment with Joe working in hte bathroom, but not mention his passing after they did in the magazine. When did they mention him in the show? Hopefully it's still in my recently deleted and I can check it again...

Unhappy Re: Joe Ferrante

I am so sorry to learn that Joe Ferrante is gone; my sympathies to all of you and to his family!

I loved watching him tile a room; he so clearly loved his work, and he had a great talent for explaining it all so clearly. He was truly a master. I'm going to miss seeing him on the show, and miss seeing that wonderful work he loved doing so much. I hope that all of you find some comfort in the warmth of so many wonderful memories of a great colleague and friend.

I was very saddened to learn of Joe Ferrante’s death. I want to offer my deepest condolences to all his friends and family. I never knew Joe personally but I knew him through This Old House. I admired his craftsmanship and artistry. He made things beautiful. You can just tell when someone is passionate about what they do and you could see that in Joe. He always took the time to figure out the littlest detail so the job he was doing would turn out just right. He was a true credit to his profession. More importantly, he was a good person. And he was a good teacher. Thank you, Joe, for what you taught us. We will all miss you.

I was shocked when I read of Joe's passing in the magazine, then I actually choked up a bit when Kevin paid his emotional tribute to Joe on the show a couple of weeks ago.

I don't want to sound weird, but all of the guys - Kevin, Norm, Tom, Roger, even Joe and the other craftsmen - strike me as normal guys who happen to be really really good at doing what they do and are able to tell the rest of us how to do it too. They're easy to identify with, and make a great ensemble for the show. My condolences to the Ferrante family and the whole TOH family.

Oh, and Richard, too. Can't forget him.