+ Reply to Thread

Default Which tape fro drywall seams and corners

I am getting ready to finish some drywall. I was wondering which is better to use on the seams, paper tape or the mesh type tape. It seems like I read somewhere that the mesh tape should be used on the horizontal or vertical seams only. I just don't remember which. I like using the mesh because it eliminates the possibility of trapped air bubbles. Should I go back to the paper tape?

Default Re: Which tape fro drywall seams and corners

Mesh is fine for all flat work, whether on a wall or overhead. Paper must be used in and around corners.

Proper application of the paper tape will always give you a superior final product.

I just bid a job for a Lady who had some friends drywall for her, they used mesh tape and all their seams and corners cracked, I told her I would use paper tape only, she also has a vaulted ceiling which I told her I would use Straight-Flex tape and I would use Durabond self setting joint compound as my bedcoat and second coat then finish with USG's Topping compound. these products will give you a long lasting repair. Good luck