+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Default need help identifying tile I saw on TV

Hi all,

I need some help identifying some tile I saw on a TV episode in which a house was being flipped. I knew I should have written it down, but I didn't. I figure there was bound to be people here who could help me. As for the name, all I remember is "italian" and "marble". There was another word, and that's the one I can't remember. It was being installed in a bathroom and it was the kind of tile that comes already attached to the backer sheets. It was also a rather expensive tile. Can someone please tell me what kind of tile this is?!!
    peace,
    Sophie

Default Re: need help identifying tile I saw on TV

Quote Originally Posted by SophieC View Post
    Hi all,

I need some help identifying some tile I saw on a TV episode in which a house was being flipped. I knew I should have written it down, but I didn't. I figure there was bound to be people here who could help me. As for the name, all I remember is "italian" and "marble". There was another word, and that's the one I can't remember. It was being installed in a bathroom and it was the kind of tile that comes already attached to the backer sheets. It was also a rather expensive tile. Can someone please tell me what kind of tile this is?!!
    the only one I have on my list is "Italian creme marble" for the tile it is toward the higher end, it is also available in 2cm slabs and for that it is toward the less expensive end. now there are several Italian marbles out there if that isn't the one
    http://www.igmcorp.com/pMarble/italianCreme.html

I am curious what you mean by backer sheets. are you talking about one inch square tiles on sheets? or some tiles both marble and travertine and even some granite because of how delicate they are have a mesh backing put on them. the more info you can give me on the discription would help. what color range was it? there are truly hundreds and hundreds of colors of grantie, marble, travertine, onyx and slate out there. but it might still be able to find what it is your looking for.

The first thing that popped into my head was carrera, which is a very expensive Italian marble. I haven't, however; seen it in this form. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by DwarfWytch View Post
    Seems it has been all the rage with the flipper shows to use travertine tiles. You mentioned whatever you saw was pre-affixed to a backerboard? Sounds rather heavy and cumbersome. I have heard of a tile (man-made) product that has a back which you later grout from armstrong I think. I believe it is only available as a "specialty" (read: planned future failure and need to re-do the project down the road, marketed to DIYers) product produced solely for Lowes.

You might have better luck if you perused show descriptions and/or boards hosted by the network which hosted the show, or a specialty site for the "flipper" show itself.
    No, not a backerboard....I said backer sheet. What I meant though was the mesh sheet that some small tiles are already attached to.

That's the problem, I can't remember what channel I was watching or exactly what show.

Quote Originally Posted by havanagranite View Post
    I am curious what you mean by backer sheets. are you talking about one inch square tiles on sheets? or some tiles both marble and travertine and even some granite because of how delicate they are have a mesh backing put on them. the more info you can give me on the discription would help. what color range was it? there are truly hundreds and hundreds of colors of grantie, marble, travertine, onyx and slate out there. but it might still be able to find what it is your looking for.
    Yes, it is on the mesh backing. I said the wrong thing.

Quote Originally Posted by house2haven View Post
    The first thing that popped into my head was carrera, which is a very expensive Italian marble. I haven't, however; seen it in this form. Good luck!
    I am 99% sure you have found what I'm looking for! I googled it and found this on Ebay. This I'm almost 100% certain is exactly it!!! Thanks so much!!!! I will write this info down this time.

http://cgi.ebay.com/MARBLE-Carrera-B...ayphotohosting
    peace,
    Sophie