+ Reply to Thread

Default Chip in Kitchen Stove

Dear ATOH,

A heavy glass cover was dropped and chipped my kitchen stove. How can I repair this?

The stove is almond in color and is electric. Where is it only a couple years old and is in excellent condition I would like to repair the chip.

Regards,

Jane Millar
    180 Wheel Wright Rd
    Hampstead, NH 03841

Default Re: Chip in Kitchen Stove

Most home centers carry a porcelain chip fix that you'll find in the paint department. Basically, it's like fingernail polish, you buy the appropriate color and then daub it on with the applicator brush. This isn't a perfect repair, but it does a decent job of hiding the blemish and looks much better than the bare steel of the cooktop.

My porcelain kitchen sink has some chips, and some of them are now rusty. Do I have to grind away the rust before using a chip repair product, and if so, what's the best way to do it?

Quote Originally Posted by JimDorp View Post
    My porcelain kitchen sink has some chips, and some of them are now rusty. Do I have to grind away the rust before using a chip repair product, and if so, what's the best way to do it?
    Yes, it would be best to remove the rust first. You might try naval jelly, it removes rust quite well.