I am preparing to wallpaper my ceiling with pretty embossed paper. However, I've got a problem. When I started the project I was going to put up stamped tin and a big crown moulding. So I was not worried about rough edges (and small gaps) along joint where the ceiling meets the wall, from the luan that I put on the ceiling. Due to cost factors, I have decided to paper (a faux stamped tin if you will) and put back the same wood crown moulding. But that leaves me with rough edges/gaps at the corners at the wall/ceiling.

While papering I want to slightly wrap (overlap) the edges down the wall and drop the crown moulding about 1/4 - 1/2 inch to make it back into a hanging rail type set-up. Since my edges/corners are rough I am concerned about the paper ripping and/or tearing.

My solution, and where I am soliciting your opinion, I want to put rounded pretaped drywall inside corner bead up on the corners. This should give it a nice clean 'finished' look. Time is a big factor on the job now. I'm thinking of pasting the corner bead in place with the wallpaper paste and maybe a few stratigic finish nails for good measure. I am not planning to 'finish' (mud and sand) it. Just paste it in place.

Your thoughts??