+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Nicky

Default Nicky

I am currently having the same problem as Dave. Not enough hot water to fill the tub. After about 5 minutes the water turns cold. If the problem is the dip tube, what are my next steps? Can the dip tube be replaced or does this mean getting a new water heater?

Default Re: Nicky

Yes, the dip tube can be replaced. As far as replacing the heater it would depend on how old it is.I fit's close to 10 years old, personally I would just replace the heater.
    Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb

Try raising the temp setting on the heater. Give it time to reach that temp then try filling the tub again and see if you have enough hot water.

Thanks for responding. When I got home I raised the temp on the water heater. I ran the water for 7 minutes in the kitchen sink, very hot. Then I went up stairs and ran the water in the tub, the water was hot, but not as hot as the kitchen and after 4-5 minutes water began to cool off. I also checked water in bathroom sink after running water in tub. Sink water was hot. Could this be a plumbing problem and not a water heater problem?

If the sbath room sink was still running hot after the tube went cold it sounds like something other than the water heater, unless you have more than one water heater.
    Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb