+ Reply to Thread

Thread: claw-foot drain

Default claw-foot drain

I have a claw-foot tub with the conventional drain which has a straight brass drain pipe from the drain, through a t-connector(from the overflow) straight into the floor. Constraints in our house do not allow us to go straight into the floor...we must locate the tub about 7 inches away from the drain in the floor. How do I find a brass pipe (or even copper, for that matter)with 90 degree bends that will allow this to be done. I can raise the tub 3" off the floor to create more space for elbows, etc., but I have had no success in finding drain pipes in the proper dimensions. I tried Van Dyke's restorers and they cannot help...seems they carry only mass-produced product in their catalog and have no other out-of-the-ordinary supplies. Can anyone come up with a plan?? Thanks!

Default Re: claw-foot drain

check the post entitled "galvanized pipe to pvc" to view a picture by kent on using fernco fittings and plastic pvc pipe to make this repair. it will be much easier at a reasonable cost to repair this way.

sometimes 1 1/2" copper can be soldered with an elbow, but the pipe coatings have to be removed so the solder will take.

I think you're going to have to expose the rest of your drain line and then figure out how to connect to it. What type of floor do you have?

Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb