+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Default What is the ideal position (front to back) for under cabinet lighting?

I've purchased under cabinet lighting fixtures (1" thick with T5 fluorescents) to install in my new kitchen and I'm seeking advice on the ideal front to back location for installing them so that they light the counter top effectively.
    There's a blurb on the TOH site that shows them being mounted at the front edge of the cabinet. It seems to me that given the way the cover over the tube is configured that mounting them near the back of the cabinet (close to the wall) would result in the most efficient distribution of light.

Opinions?? Am I overthinking this?

Default Re: What is the ideal position (front to back) for under cabinet lighting?

Here's a thought . If the light doesn't have a cord and plug assembly on it , rig up a temporary way to power it up and hold it in place to see the best location for you .

Default Re: What is the ideal position (front to back) for under cabinet lighting?

Ditto what djohns said.

Yeah...exactly what I decided to do. Turns out about 5" from the wall seemed to be the best position.
    Thanks guys.