+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Question water pipes and electrical pipes

How far apart should my water supply lines (copper) be from any electrical pipes???

Default Re: water pipes and electrical pipes

You should probably check with your local building department for the correct code for your region.

In my area “code” is silent regarding this as far as I know. Electrical code that is. We usually wrap electrical tape around electrical conduit in areas where contact can not be avoided or shove a bit of insulation between the pipes before wrapping with tape. This is done not so much because of safety concerns as it is about having dissimilar metals in contact with each other.

DwarfWytch

Yeah still working on that basement bathroom, I got to do it little by little you know. I decided to take out all the old galvanized pipes and put in copper pipes. now with that done , I started to move some electrical conduit and noticed that one electrical pipe ran parallel (2 in. apart) to the copper pipes.

Quote Originally Posted by ng1821 View Post
    DwarfWytch

Yeah still working on that basement bathroom, I got to do it little by little you know. I decided to take out all the old galvanized pipes and put in copper pipes. now with that done , I started to move some electrical conduit and noticed that one electrical pipe ran parallel (2 in. apart) to the copper pipes.
    I see no problem with that.