Results 1 to 3 of 3
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2007

    Smile Home Improvements

    Kevin O'Conner

    I have a problem and you may be able to help me.
    My living room, dinning room, kitchen and the foyer apprx. 550 S.F. total, is concrete slab placed on fill,
    the contractor did a lousy job with the compaction and now I have about 2 in. settlement in the center.
    I know that the floor can be levelled with lightweight or self levelling concrete, however, my concern is
    adding more weight on top may not be the best solution. I was watching one of your programs where you used
    a contractor to jack up a concrete patio slab by drilling holes and injecting some kind of material under pressure.
    My queston is, can it be done on larger area like 550 S.F. and can you supply me with names of contractors
    that do this type of work. I live in N.J.
    Any other recommendations will be appreciated.

    Gienek J. Puc

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Coventry, RI

    Default Re: Home Improvements

    This process is often known as mud jacking. I have never seen it done so I'm not sure of how big of an area can be done. You should look in the phone book or on-line for mud jacking or concrete contractors that are capable of doing it. As with hiring any contractor be sure to always get references, copy of any licence and insurance and check the references as well. Hope this helps you out.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    The Great White North

    Default Re: Home Improvements

    ezpuc ... Sounds like the Austin project is the one you're refrring to. There was a concrete lifting contractor that used a polymer resign foam type material to raise a dropped porch.

    Here is their link :

    Like sabo4545 mentioned there is also the mudjacking method which uses a grout type slurry pumped under the concrete to lift it.

    Hope this helps.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts