+ Reply to Thread

Default Gutter Stuff gutter guards

Has anyone tried Gutter Stuff? Anybody heard anything on whether they work well?

http://gutterstuff.com/

They sound good but then I thought the Rainhandlers sounded good at first...

Default Re: Gutter Stuff gutter guards

My gutters used to clog all the time with leaves and pine needles from all the trees around my house. my husband hated getting out the ladder and cleaning them. I finally installed a gutter guard so that we wouldn't have to worry about it anymore. It's called Gutterglove Gutterguard. It's has a stainless steel mesh on an aluminum frame. It looks and feels pretty heavy duty. I ordered it and installed it myself. I am so happy with the way it is performing. We don't have to clean the gutters anymore. It was well worth the investment and I would recomend it to everyone!

Default Re: Gutter Stuff gutter guards

I've been looking into gutter guards this past year. Here's my quick summary of the options:

a. Types of products.
    1) Screen (or fine mesh)
    2) Foam insert (like gutterstuff)
    3) Bottle Brush
    4) Mechanical, including
    - cover with slit on the side
    - "winglets" that purportedly break-up the water into a mist of droplets

b. Purpose. The goal of all gutter guards is to eliminate the need to clean the gutters and downspouts (annually, etc.).

Reports of failing this criterion/goal are numerous. Screens bought at HD/OSH/Lowes, bottle brushes, covers, have each been reported to "fail."

c. The reviews/evaluations have not been very consistent/empirical to date.
    - "Buzz." Self-promoting testimonials/anecdotes/description of their theory for how they will work. I include Trade Journals in this category.

- Testimonials. AskTheBuilder has been the most descriptive of his installed products testing and success-fail criteria. But he's not tested any foam inserts. His tests so far "endorse" ONLY MasterGuard, a fine mesh kind of product. All other products tested have failed. But MG must be installed by an approved contractor (for warranty) and so they're not yet available in all locations of the country (including my own).

- CR/CU - Consumer Reports is suppose to come out in October with their 1st test & results. They've not said which products/types they are testing.

I'd LOVE it if TOH conducted a test and published its results on the TV show or in the magazine (hint! Hint!!)... wouldn't you?