+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Need tool to enlarge sprayer hole in stainless steel sink

I recently purchased a new faucet that has the sprayer built-in. I want to install a soap dispenser in the sink but the old sprayer hole is too small. How do I enlarge this hole to accommodate the soap dispenser?

Default Re: Need tool to enlarge sprayer hole in stainless steel sink

Quote Originally Posted by debsshoup View Post
    I recently purchased a new faucet that has the sprayer built-in. I want to install a soap dispenser in the sink but the old sprayer hole is too small. How do I enlarge this hole to accommodate the soap dispenser?
    what you want is an inch and 3/8 hole for the soap dispenser. if the other hole is smaller than that then a hole saw with a pilot bit won't work, what you can do is take a piece of wood that will reach from the front of your counter to a spot past the hole and use your hole saw of that size to drill a hole through the end of the board. then you position the hole over the existing hole and clamp it in place on the edge of your counter and then use your metal cutting hole saw and drill out the hole. use multiple clamps because the bit will want to walk, the more clamps the more stable. would work best if the board goes all the way to the back splash

SS will burn hole saws up pretty fast. What I found to be easier is go the an electrical supply and buy a Greenlee knock out punch the right size with a manual draw bolt.
    Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb

The larger uni bit would work on this too. Ive done that to a few sinks in my time.

Quote Originally Posted by asc2078 View Post
    Amen, Jack ,,, A hole knockout punch is a much better choice when trying to make a larger hole in any kind of sheet metal. It will make a clean, burr-free, hole without wallowing out, skating, or denting the adjacent metal. One simply drills a small hole for the tightening bolt to go through. Then, thread on the cutter and tighten with a wrench until it pops through.

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=91201
    That Chinese garbage from Harbor Freight isn't listed to be used on stainless steel . If you are lucky you might get one hole done before it shatters . Wear your eye protection !!!!

It may not hold a cutting edge as well as a Greenlee, but he only has one hole to punch.
    Jack

Quote Originally Posted by asc2078 View Post
    An uninformed opinion, is never a match for personal experience. I would suggest that you offer constructive solutions for the questions that are asked, instead of just trashing what someone else may have suggested. Especially when you are disparaging something that you have never personally tried out for yourself.

DB
    You are assuming an awful lot here ( incorrectly ) . I use GREENLEE tools on a daily basis and can attest to their quality . Pricey ? You bet . But I would beg , borrow or steal a quality holepunch before I bought that Chinese junk from HARBOR FREIGHT . You never miss an opportunity to push HARBOR FREIGHT tools . President Hu Jintao thanks you .
    Buy American .

Quote Originally Posted by WitchDoctor View Post
    You are assuming an awful lot here ( incorrectly ) . I use GREENLEE tools on a daily basis and can attest to their quality . Pricey ? You bet . But I would beg , borrow or steal a quality hole punch before I bought that Chinese junk from HARBOR FREIGHT . You never miss an opportunity to push HARBOR FREIGHT tools . President Hu Jintao thanks you .
    Buy American .
    I also use Greenlee tools but most people are not going to pay top dollar for a tool they are likely to use only once. Just like they are not likely to by a hydraulic unit to punch one hole. HF fills the need for just such tools.
    Jack

how about a metal rasp and some time sitting on the counter imagining your scraping the skin off of your favorite villan?

Sorry, I'm in a nasty mood tonight.

I would still say file/rasp it.

Or find a bottle neck or adapter that would fit
    Debby in Oklahoma

" People like that don't really want to help anyone with their home improvement questions, they just seek attention. "

Your post count average is higher than mine , sport .
    You'r starting to sound like Leslie with your lecturing .

BUY AMERICAN !