+ Reply to Thread

Default screeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My 80+ year old bungaloo has very noisey floors in the hall right at the bedroom door frame.The floors are made of the original tongue and groove wood,not sure what kind,but it is good quality wood.Some other areas in the house creek as well.We have no access from the basement,and most are covered in carpet due to the previous owners total neglect.Any ideas?

Default Re: screeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.mcfeelys.com/product/SNM-...Kit-w50-Screws
    They can be picked up at most hardware and big box stores also.
    Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb

Do realize that if you use those screws, you might not like the end result if you decide to take the carpet up and refinish the flooring.

JLMCDANIEL,AND ****hiller thank you for your advice.I have learned alot from you both since I started using this site.I had seen these screws on the show and didnt know if you might have any other ways of doing it.I dont see ever not having carpet in this part of the house,but who knows.Im more worried about 5 years down the road,feeling them when I walk.

if he removes the carpet, why can't you apply some wood putty with stain to cover the nails holes?

Quote Originally Posted by anon1m0us View Post
    if he removes the carpet, why can't you apply some wood putty with stain to cover the nails holes?
    With the system recommended, the screws snap off just about level with the top of wood. It's pretty hard to turn them down in so wood putty can be used with th heads broken off.
    Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb