+ Reply to Thread

Default Repair A Broken Tile

I Was Told By A Tile Contractor That Should I Try To Remove A Kitchen Floor Tile I Could Possibly Cause A Domino Effect Causing Some More Or All Tiles To Become Loose From The Plywood Subfloor.

Is This True???

Default Re: Repair A Broken Tile

As long as the grout is removed properly between the tiles there should be no problem, as long as the tiles were properly installed. You might take a look at Fein Multimaster , arrow down to the tile removal demo. It's also a good reason to buy a new tool.
    Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb

Removing the grout and don't beat on the tile being removed or pry against the surrounding tiles. The shock and jarring is what will delaminate the other tiles from the subfloor.

Quote Originally Posted by JLMCDANIEL View Post
    As long as the grout is removed properly between the tiles there should be no problem, as long as the tiles were properly installed. You might take a look at Fein Multimaster , arrow down to the tile removal demo. It's also a good reason to buy a new tool.
    Jack
    pretty neat looking tool, looks very handy. on one of the video's though they showed sanding on the face of a marble sill. that I wouldn't recommend, won't ever be able to get it back to the original shine if it is a gloss finish. I go all the way up to 8000 grit to get to that finish and then have to use other compounds with a buff pad to get that kind of shine. and it is very time consuming.