+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Grout problem

Default Grout problem

I have tan tile with brown grout in my bathroom. But by the tub there is a white layer on the surface of some of the grout. I can not scrub it off and the bathroom cleaning chemicals have not touched it. Does anyone have any ideas how I can get rid of it?

Thanks.

Default Re: Grout problem

I think that you will need to sc**** it off -- go to a home center to get a plastic tool and scrap as much of it off as possible, then vocr it up with the right colored caulk.

In general, caulk is pretty inpervious to most solvents -- especially the silicon ones. I know that there are brown caulks, and hoefully you can find one that matches.

Bob H

Thank you for the suggestion. I have not seen this tool you mention for scraping grout out. I was hoping to not take all the grout out. But if I could just take a thin layer off the top then maybe the grout underneath would not be discolored. What does this tool look like?

Thank you for showing me these tools. They look like they’d be helpful in removing caulk but I need to remove grout. Do you know of a tool for this?

Sounds like you need a grout saw (hand tool). I am using one to sc**** out the old grout around my bath tub tile. You'll find them in the tile section of Home Depot/Lowe's or at a hardware store.

Thanks for the information. I'll give this a try.

The very best tool for removing grout is Fein's Multimaster.
    Its a pricey tool but there's dozens of other uses for it.
    If there are other things you can use it for this tool is worth its weight in ****.
    Its a wonderful tool. Check amazon and all the reviews or Epinions and shop it for price if you consider buying it.
    http://www.mytoolplace.com/MultiMast...FRz2QAodPkgbNA

You can also go directly to Feins website and watch the videos about it.

Andy,

I would like to get your suggestions for the tool bits to use with the fein multimaster tool to remove narrow grout lines.

Now that I am over the sticker shock need some experienced input.

Some tips on how to better control the tool please! I'm having trouble with some of the stone tiles chipping.