I have a cast iron closet flange that is in bad shape. I was going to replace it (rather than use a spanner flange) with another cast iron one. Thought about using PVC but I would be concerned about it causing flow restrictions. I heard somewhere that they use a "packing" to seal the flange to the soil pipe. What is this packing and is this correct..?