+ Reply to Thread

Default Foudation repair

I have a 1927 four square farm house in Williamstown Ky. It took 5 years to find someone willing to replace my foundation. I has taken another 5 years trying to find someone to fix the replacement. It seems no one knows about balloon framing and has no idea of how to fix the now bulging walls of the house. windows and doors have problems opening,the floors are moving and there are drafts around the walls. The house is on a crawl space except for one square, which is a basement. the height of the crawl space is about 24 inches.
    I have hired a structural engineer to draw up plans, He would not go under the house to access the problems and the expensive plan he came up with did not work, He told us to run rods through the sides of the foundation, which did nothing for the bulging walls. more money down the drain.
    When the existing foundation was done an addition was added the the back of the house and geo thermal heat was installed, this would have to be taken into consideration when doing the repairs.
    I am a kitchen and bath designer and know basic construction but this does not help with something of this scale.
    How do I find someone who knows what they are doing and would be willing to help me.

Lynn Bowman cmkbd
    Certified master kitchen and bath designer
    Last edited by Lynn Bowman cmkbd; 11-28-2007 at 09:53 AM.