+ Reply to Thread

Thread: ink on walls

Hybrid View

Default ink on walls

my kid drew on the walls with a pen a while ago and then I painted over it. The artwork that was done is still there even after putting on two coats of new paint. Is there a way to paint over this. I'm concerned with having to do the entire wall over again and it still being there? Seems that it should have covered it but it looks just like it did before I started painting!!! What am I doing wrong?
    Last edited by whiterice; 11-28-2007 at 08:02 AM. Reason: didn't read right

Default Re: ink on walls

you are doing nothing wrong. certain colors bleed through especially red. the easiest is to skim over it with a very thin coat of drywall mud let it dry, sand then repaint

wouldn't hurt to use some stain blocking primer before the final coat of paint. Good luck!

Thanks for the quick reply everyone! I think I will do the mud thing since I also noticed a few irregualrities after I painted so I should probably do it all in one shot. Again, thank you all very much

ink will not bleed through joint compound. the reason it bleeds through is not the ink but rather the sheen it can't bleed throuh a layer of mud, that is the one sure fix.

no disrespect intended but on what basis do you make this statement? I have over 20 years experience in the drywall trade and have dealt with this very subject on many occasions on jobs where people have wrote on the wallboard. and there is no substance that will come through the mud with the exceptions of mold. ink will not bleed through. if you can provide links to prove other wise I would be glad to read them.