+ Reply to Thread

Thread: gurgling drain

Default gurgling drain

When the washer drains, the kitchen sink gurgles. I have inspected the stack and it is free of obstructions. The kitchen sink drain feeds into the line with the washer. Both lines appear to be 1 1/2". By todays code, this is below the requirement. Should I replumb to correct the problem?

Default Re: gurgling drain

How do you inspect the stack? We are having the same gurgling from our tub when anything in any of our second floor bathrooms drain.

Ever heard of a studor vent? I just recently learned of it. I had the same problem and installed one just below my trap at the sink and it took care of the problem. It was quite simple to do. Cost about $15 at Lowes plus some fittings. Good luck!

Hello everyone ,I'm hoping to get some help to a problem almost the same as what was originaly posted.
    In our case we have a powder room and on the otherside of the wall is a laundry room. The powder room sink will gurgle when the washer is draining. From what I can tell is both the sink in the powder room drain and the washer drain to the main drain pipe with only one vent. I have found a picture that describes the current setup , on the left below.
    I'm wondering if I have to redo the vent for the washer something like the other picture , on the right below.

Thanks.