+ Reply to Thread

Default Very low water pressure

I have very poor water pressure in my home. My local water company told me it may be caused by an undersized line on my street and they are not planning on replacing it any time soon. GREAT!! So I was wondering if a pressure tank of some kind would help improve the pressure to the home. I was also thinking of re-plumbing the entire house with PEX tubing and a manifold system to eliminate the severe pressure drops when multiple fixtures are being used (wifey doesn't think its funny when I flush the second toilet and she gets a scolding drip from the shower). Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Tyde

Default Re: Very low water pressure

My local water company told me it may be caused by an undersized line on my street and they are not planning on replacing it any time soon.
    The key word is ..."may" be caused by... That should've told you to find another good plumber.

Check your nearest neighbor for water pressure issue. If your neighbor(s) does not have water pressure issue then it might not be the city water pressure.

I had water pressure issue when I was living in Pa. I was told that I need bigger diameter line..blah..blah. I did not believe that because I knew for fact that there is something wrong with my faucets or inside water line because it just gradually gotten worse over the years.
    It turns out that I have 2 issues.
    (1)Crack water line under the slab.
    (2)Scales built up on main faucet.

Bottom line. Get a good plumber to determine how much water pressure you have and find the problem before you spent all the money on PEX tubings and manifolds.

FYI...I'm not a big fan of PEX tubing but it is common thing here in NC. I guess I'll learn to live with it.

Obviously just ignore whatever bigwalt has to say, he is just an ignorant moron.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Ackroyd View Post
    Obviously just ignore whatever Dan Ackroyd has to say, he is just an ignorant moron.
    I agree with you on that.

Have a nice day.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Ackroyd View Post
    Obviously just ignore whatever bigwalt has to say, he is just an ignorant moron.
    Back off.

It's time this forum had some active moderators to control things.

i tend to think the problem isnt in the street, the water company SHOULD know for sure what line you have, i would tend to believe you may have a large build up in your main water supply line, as for pex i am a big fan i have installed pex in several homes in pa and i also have it in my own home and i love it

Thanks Jerry. I too am in PA. Mifflin County. Do you think the pex would help with the pressure drops? I never used the stuff but it looks pretty straight forward. Any advice on designing a system for my home? Thanks again, Tyde