+ Reply to Thread

Arrow --------------------------------

----------------
    Last edited by asc2078; 08-18-2008 at 04:02 PM.

Default Re: Best Guide I've Seen for Residential Electric

Sounds like a good reference for newer wire schemes.

The best DIY manual I've ever come across is called "Wiring Simplified" and reflects the most up to date codes and practices, put into terms that a non-electrical engineer can understand. ****hiller has suggested another, though I cannot remember the name of that item.
    Last edited by A. Spruce; 11-20-2007 at 01:06 AM.

Hey Sprucey,

Yeah, I have a different fav.

I have a copy of Wiring Simplified, albeit dated. Newer versions are probably better/more thorough.

I personally like and consequently recommend Practical Electrical Wiring by Richter & Schwan. Tons of info/ charts, etc.

There's most assuredly other books out there these days that I'm not familiar with though.

Just a thought here asc but I think if it was me I'd be thinking twice about posting photos of what I would think is copy written material.

Quote Originally Posted by A. Spruce View Post
    The best DIY manual I've ever come across is called "Wiring Simplified" and reflects the most up to date codes and practices, put into terms that a non-electrical engineer can understand. ****hiller has suggested another, though I cannot remember the name of that item.
    If you are thinking of books, I always thought that Rex Cauldwells book, WIRING A HOUSE, could be used as a bible for a homeowner.

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie_Fergler View Post
    If you are thinking of books, I always thought that Rex Cauldwells book, WIRING A HOUSE, could be used as a bible for a homeowner.
    I'm not familiar with that book, so I can only recommend what I do know. Wiring Simplified is a good resource, one I know, and one that nearly anyone with any level of electrical expertise (from zero to master electrician ) could follow. Are there better, maybe, but I do not have experience with those. That is what makes this forum great, the vast knowledge and experience of the members.

Thank you for adding another resource to the list.

Quote Originally Posted by A. Spruce View Post
    I'm not familiar with that book, so I can only recommend what I do know. Wiring Simplified is a good resource, one I know, and one that nearly anyone with any level of electrical expertise (from zero to master electrician ) could follow. Are there better, maybe, but I do not have experience with those. That is what makes this forum great, the vast knowledge and experience of the members.

Thank you for adding another resource to the list.
    Thanks, during the holidays I'm taking a break and will look into WS...
    Never to old to learn, because if you think that, its time to take a hike.

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie_Fergler View Post
    Thanks, during the holidays I'm taking a break and will look into WS...
    Never to old to learn, because if you think that, its time to take a hike.

You may want to check out the book that ****hiller posted. While I've not read that book either, I'd trust a recommendation by ****ie. (hopefully he won't see this post, his head is big enough already ... )