I'm sorry I never posted anything else, but basically I was watching and waiting to see what was going to happen, and just never came back.
Except for the fact that my saw is the "homeowner" type, your problem sounds a lot like mine! So here's what ultimately happened. Since changing the capacitor didn't change anything, and since the saw would run sometimes after I oiled the motor shaft really good, I just continued to turn it on every so often. Every 15 minutes, 30 minutes, a few hours, or whenever I was in the workshop. I also oiled it more, probably too much. Sometimes it ran, sometimes it didn't. It finally got to where it ran every time. I have to assume that the motor really, really, really needed oil! Like I said before, I never knew whether I was supposed to oil it or not, and I didn't want to screw anything up, so I would just oil it a tiny bit every now and then. I feel kinda bad that Jim DeLaney put all that effort into my problem, when it was nothing but lack of oil, but I just didn't know any better. (Also, like you, I felt that everything was turning okay by hand.) But since it started running again, I've built a fence with it, and it hasn't missed a beat! So thanks again, Jim D!