+ Reply to Thread

Default Adding bathroom in garage.

WE want to put a bathroom in the garage so that when my husband comes home he can change there and shower so that he does not bring in all the dirt that is on his clothes. The bath will butt up against the house wall and foundation. The question is how to do the plumbing for the toilet. All plumbing for the house is on that side, but the sewer drain is farther down toward the other end of the house. The garage sets about 18 inches below the house floor.
    WE thouht about an upflush unit, but I do not know much about them. I know that they are mainly used in basements.

Smile Re: Adding bathroom in garage.

I forgot to add that we have closed in the garage to make it another room and there is heat in there.

Default Re: Adding bathroom in garage.

It's going to be a challenge depending on what type of foundation you have getting the drain piping for the toilet/sink/shower from the garage to the home's main drain.
    Even the up flush system you refer to has to discharge into a drain somewhere.

You will definitely need a plumbing contractor to evaluate that situation.

Default Re: Adding bathroom in garage.

Ditto what Canuk said.

The situation you describe is impossible to evalute and make any reliable recommendations without being on-site.