Swimming Pool Safety
There was a story all over the local news here last week about a horrible swimming pool accident. I don't think most people have ever heard of this so I want to alert people to this.
A little 6-year old girl was in a wading pool and was sitting on an uncovered pool drain. The suction from the pool drain sucked her small intestines out. She will have to be fed by a feeding tube the rest of her life and she has to have a colostomy bag.
The story in the newspaper reported that the typical case of disembowelment involves a young child (2-6 years old). These accidents usually occur in public wading pools with a broken or missing drain cover which the child sits on.
So please make sure that your pool drains are properly covered and donít let your children use public wading pools until you have personally inspected them for adequate drain covers.