+ Reply to Thread

Thread: fish tank stand

Default fish tank stand

I'm trying to design a fish tank stand for a tank that is 48" W x 20" H x 11" D. The placement of the tank is below a counter that has supports that make the space under the counter for the tank and stand 34 1/2 " from the floor. The 20" height of the tank leaves only 14 1/2" for the stand (under the tank) and the lights and filter equipment (above the tank). I'm allowing about 4" at the top of the tank for the lights and filter, leaving only 10 1/2" for the tank stand. The tank (55 gal.) holds about 500 lbs. of water weight. I need some help designing a sturdy enough stand to support the full tank, which is, again, 48" W and 11" D. I think I need to support it in several places under the tank itself (ends and middle, front and rear). Any help here would be appreciated. Thanks.

Barry Goodman
    bs-good@msn.com

Default Re: fish tank stand

Hi Barry,

I hope my answer is still relevant to you... and if not, it might be for others with a similar need.

I have many fish tanks that I've built myself and I often find good tips in Fish Tanks DIY Archives.

If you don't find an answer to what you are looking for, posting your question there will get you an answer.

Good luck!

Alan

Default Re: fish tank stand

alanwe - thanks for posting that DIY info!

btw - you'll probably enjoy the video referred to in this thread.

all the best!