installing toilet/wax ring
OK how many times have I tried to replace a wax ring or even watched someone replace a wax ring and keep from rolling over laughing watching to see if the bolts line up and still get the toilet seated correctly in only 1 wax ring try. Here's what I came up with:
1. remove the supply line, toilet and old ring.
2. clean off the residual wax.
3. replace the wax ring.
4. place (2) 2 x 2 x 12 on each side of the wax ring.
5. Set the toilet on the 2 x 2s above the wax ring as not to distort it.
6. with 2 plastic tubes fitted over the bolts and thru the toilet mounting holes line up the toilet.
7. with another set of hands, lift the toilet and remove the 2 x 2s and set the toilet straight down forming the perfect seal needed.
8. run the nuts on, cut bolts to length as needed, connect supply line and grab the newspaper. Oh yea makes sure there's toilet paper.