+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Copper Baseboard Missing FINS..!

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Another expert heard from... Great.

By the way fellas, One thing is clear to me:

None of you has the slightest idea of my knowledge and experience with respect to baseboard heating. Or anything else for that matter...

You're all speculating (with respect to me and what I know to be factual). You have to because I haven't and don't feel compelled to justify myself to you dorks.

Just so you know, I found the items ( An Old-Timer hooked me up with an old Mom-&Pop plumbing Supply 20 blocks uptown Philly from my building, the guy had several dozen BOXES of 1" FINS. I bought 2...20 bucks..!) I repeatedly was told on this board I would be wrong to go after... would never find... shouldn't try to find... Blah, Blah, Blah.

So, thanks for nothin', Bozos...

-Ricky
    Geez ... Ricky I hope you visit this thread one more time.

If you weren't such a bozo and nitwit yourself you should have been clear in your original post about what an expert you are. That way people wouldn't be speculating and have to put up with your bonehead attitude.

Instead you create a ruckus and throw mud at people like JacktheShack who volunteer their time to share their valuable knowledge and expertise to sincerely help people.

You are wrong we do something about you ... you made it quite clear for people to know what a dork you are.

It's obvious you took the lazy route posting here looking to find something instead of getting off your butt to do some leg work since you were successful by asking someone locally.

Feels pretty nice having your own words thrown at you doesn't it?

I doubt anyone here will be disappointed or shed a tear if you never come back.

Hi Ricky,

Hopefully you will check this, even though you have found your fins. First off let me say that I understood your question perfectly and I have NO PLUMING experience. Talk about making a mountain out of a mole hole. I too have been looking for some replacement fins for my baseboard heating. Do you think that the store where you find them will ship to me in CT? Could you provided me with the name, address, phone number so that I may contact them? Thank you.

El
    Last edited by theirisfig; 03-30-2008 at 08:14 PM.

Smile Re: Copper Baseboard Missing FINS..!

hi im in the same perdicament and after searching and googling every thing i cannot find "SNAP ON FINS" or fins to put on a heating pipe.

can someone give me advice where to look for FINS like ricky found. a box of fins that can be attached to the pipes rather then replace the pipes . thanks

Quote Originally Posted by medicinemaan View Post
    hi im in the same perdicament and after searching and googling every thing i cannot find "SNAP ON FINS" or fins to put on a heating pipe.

can someone give me advice where to look for FINS like ricky found. a box of fins that can be attached to the pipes rather then replace the pipes . thanks

If you can't find the fins try to locate an old piece of baseboard and take them off of it, or buy a new piece of baseboard and do the same thing. It might be a little more costly doing the latter but it will improve your heat. Try a scrapyard.

try calling slant finn
    or another maker see if you can buy a box and cut a slit and bed around something is better than nothing

Saw these for 3/4" pipe on HD website.