+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hot Tile Floor

Default Hot Tile Floor

I just walked barefoot through my sunken living room and noticed that some of the ceramic tiles feel hot. It seems to be several in the middle of the room. Not super hot, but more than just warm. The rest of the tiles are cool, like you'd expect a tile floor to feel. What could be causing this? Hot water pipes? Who would I call to take a look at this? A plumber?? The house was built in the 1950s on a slab foundation, no basement.

Default Re: Hot Tile Floor

Quote Originally Posted by van.c View Post
    I just walked barefoot through my sunken living room and noticed that some of the ceramic tiles feel hot. It seems to be several in the middle of the room. Not super hot, but more than just warm. The rest of the tiles are cool, like you'd expect a tile floor to feel. What could be causing this? Hot water pipes? Who would I call to take a look at this? A plumber?? The house was built in the 1950s on a slab foundation, no basement.

It is possible that you have hot water pipe running through the slab.

My parent's rec room has brick floor and hot water baseboard heat. The warmest brick will run across from one side of room to other side, that's where the pipe for hot water baseboard heat is located.