+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Home Bar Plans?

Default Home Bar Plans?

In the process of remolding my basement for a Mantown hang out and now I am at the point of deciding on building my own bar or buying one...? But I am not sure even how to get started on building one... I know the basics on what size I want it and where but how is the question...? Anyone have any ideas...?

Default Re: Home Bar Plans?

I completed a bar for my vacation home in the Jersey Shore area. It is a 2 tier bar with a bar sink, wine chiller/refrig. and small undercounter sink. It is somewhat big but it is nice. It is in an l-shape. I based the design on plans my son had a a property manager for a developer in the Maryland/ virginia area. The bar plans are from the community room in one of the larger properties being developed. I would be happy to copy and send you the plans if you so desire.

Pat Gillan

Thumbs up Re: Home Bar Plans?

We recently remodeled a basement bar area (L shaped oldie but goodie to a back bar with sink) and had some great adds, 1 regret. Great adds: slide back door around a fridge, component cabinet for lower level sounds & bath, cherry stained alder (1/3 cost than cherry wood), & again plumbed for small sink. 1 regret: lacks a small dishwasher space for glases, etc. - we have to lug glasses & wine glasses upstairs.

I was looking for the same information as well and ran across a website with some good resources on home bar. It was http://www.buildabar.blogspot.com

Also, found http://homebarplans.blogspot.com

They list some of the same information so it may be the same people or just a copycat site, but the resources they list are good regardless.

I built a house bar in my basement and used left over maple T&G flooring for the bar top. Turned out real nice. Just make sure you put a lot of coats of PolyUrethane to protect it!! I custom built the cabinets to match the cedar T&G on the ceiling and walls.

Good Luck
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 015.jpg 
Views:	577 
Size:	21.1 KB 
ID:	836   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 011.jpg 
Views:	539 
Size:	23.0 KB 
ID:	837