+ Reply to Thread

Default Harmony Interior?

Anyone have any experience with Sherwin-Williams HarmonyŽ Interior Latex? I am thinking of using this for the interior of a home I just purchased. I like that it is low odor.

I did a quick search around and could not find many reviews. There were 2 negative reviews, calling the paint blotchy and streaky.

Default Re: Harmony Interior?

Quote Originally Posted by melbakat View Post
    Anyone have any experience with Sherwin-Williams HarmonyŽ Interior Latex? I am thinking of using this for the interior of a home I just purchased. I like that it is low odor.

I did a quick search around and could not find many reviews. There were 2 negative reviews, calling the paint blotchy and streaky.
    Name brand products, such as Sherwin Williams or Kelly Moore, are generally very good quality. On the occasion that there is a product failure, they are also good about replacing the product.

Again, speaking generally, streaking and blotching are due to improper preparation of the wall, improper tools and application methods, and improperly mixed paint (paint should be well mixed prior to every use, whether it's 24 hours or 24 months. Finally, cheap brands of paints don't have the pigments and additives that provide a good and even coverage.

Odds are, the Sherwin product is just fine and the reported "problems" have more to do with user error than the product itself. If you are concerned, paint only a single wall to test the validity of the negative reviews. If the reviews hold true, no love or great effort was wasted.

Thanks for the reply. I will try out a sample first and go from there.

You're welcome. Please report back your experiences with this product.

I've used Harmony for its low-odor properties because I was pregnant. First time, my husband and I painted The second time we had a painter do it. Both times, it covered fine. I would completely recommend it. I'm with A. Spruce on problems stemming from prep and application. Give it a try and good luck.

I am going to try it out the weekend after Thanksgiving. I will let you know how it goes. I am sure that you are both right about the problems stemming from user error.

Thanks for the replies!