+ Reply to Thread

Question lath & plaster covered with paneling

my home which was built in the early 1900's has the old lath and plaster walls, but i guess sometime in the 80's they ferred the walls then used the white cheep styrofoam in btw the strips and paneled the walls.i painted the walls when i moved in but hate it and i want them changed. to avoid the dust and dirt i am planning on removing the old paneling and replacing it with sheet rock or possibly new wood paneling, i am undecided yet, but my question is i have no insulation, can i replace the white styrofoam stuff with some type of insulation board? and if so which should i use. i am planning to remodel my attic and convert it into a 3rd bedroom, again it is finished (lath and plaster) and i dont want to rip it all out.so i am planning on doing the same thing u there.
    help me please

Default Re: lath & plaster covered with paneling

If the walls are hollow you can use blown in insulation. It would require drilling holes in the walls but they would be easily patched.
    Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb