+ Reply to Thread

Default Please help me figure out this leak/water on my kitchen floor

Hi,

This is the first time I have ever posted on this forum, but we recently bought a house in April, and we have this mysterious water on the kitchen floor.

How do we decide where it is coming from? We are not sure whether it is the dishwasher, sink, washing machine (which is nearby on the other side of the kitchen wall). It seems like it might even be coming up through the grout - is this even possible?

What should we do to determine where it is coming from and then possibly repair it ourselves?

Thanks,

Megan

Default Re: Please help me figure out this leak/water on my kitchen floor

tuff call,do you have radiant heating under the floor??either way i would start w/the dishwasher,remove the remove the 4 screws holding the lower kickpanel in place,check for anysign of water underneath,you may want to run threw a cycle and keep an eye underneath,is there a basement underneath?or is it on a slab?

Do you have a dog?
    HTH

Dave

Hi, if you're new a house, I recommend you bring in a handymand who can do a walk through with you to figure out the source of the problem. I just spoke with a handyman I found on www.genietown.com and he warned me that leaks can cause serious problems down the line if not tackled immediately. One problem may be improperly caulked tiles, etc. If you live in a home with wood flooring, you might want to check for wood rot as well (depending on how long the leak/water) has been going on. Good luck!