+ Reply to Thread

Default Loose disposer rotor

I have a Kenmore garbage disposer that has not worked for some time, but I think the only thing wrong with it it that the shredder rotor is loose. The motor sounds like it's turning when I turn the disposer switch on, and If I look down through the top it looks like the rotor is just wiggling a little. I've found the allen wrench and can turn the motor easily when disposer is switched off. I can also reach into the disposer from the top when it is switched off and feel the the rotor is loose and can be rotated and moved out of level easily. I've found the parts list and diagram on line, but I'm not sure whether there's even a part missing.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions

Default Re: Loose disposer rotor

Unless you know someone who can look at it for free, you're probably better off just getting a new one. Depending on how fancy of a model you want, you can easily get one for less than $100.

Default Re: Loose disposer rotor

Quote Originally Posted by second_wire View Post
    I have a Kenmore garbage disposer that has not worked for some time, but I think the only thing wrong with it it that the shredder rotor is loose. The motor sounds like it's turning when I turn the disposer switch on, and If I look down through the top it looks like the rotor is just wiggling a little. I've found the allen wrench and can turn the motor easily when disposer is switched off. I can also reach into the disposer from the top when it is switched off and feel the the rotor is loose and can be rotated and moved out of level easily. I've found the parts list and diagram on line, but I'm not sure whether there's even a part missing.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions
    Those rotors are supposed to be loose. They flop back and forth to chop the food up. as it spins the centrifical force casues them to flop open as the food hits them the move in. Sounds like it is qperating normal to me.
    Harry