+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Heat Pump under Deck

My heat pump blew a condenser last night and the entire unit needs to be replaced. The tech told me that its placement under a deck was a contributing factor. The heat pump has about 2 feet of head room and open on all sides. can this be true, the tech wants to relocate it. Any thoughts are greatly appreciated

Default Re: Heat Pump under Deck

Try contacting a company called Econar they are based in Minnesota. They are a heat pump manufacture.

Heat pumps and A/C need approx. 3 feet of clearance (above) so that they don't overheat.

We always keep at least 2 feet all around and 8 feet above, if you don't have that space it will overheat.Good Luck!!!

More clearance is always better, Sten. The installation manuel says 3-4 feet above is minimum. You're bustin' my balls.

LOLOL, no I'm not, I just try to tell it the way I was taught and the way I do it. Most owners manuals will tell the min. overhead clearance but to be honest your the first one that ever said 3 feet is sufficient. If it works for you go for it, you sound like you know what your talking about, some things I just don't agree on, nothing personal. I was wondering why your on so much of a post roll though, it almost looks like your trying to show the other guys what you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Sten View Post
    I was wondering why your on so much of a post roll though, it almost looks like your trying to show the other guys what you know
    Nah, he's just new and hasn't figured out the "new posts" button yet.

Now THAT is bustin' some balls ...
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

LOLOLOL you kill me Sprucey LOLOLOL

This is fun. Better than playing chess ******. I'm just frustrated with the way things are in our business. I guess this is a release. Almost no one (around here) looks at the duct systems when selling UNTIL it doesn't work. The consumer is getting the short end when they think they are buying hi-eff. equipment. We have car salesmen designing and selling equipment, for goodness sake.

Quote Originally Posted by Sten View Post
    LOLOL, no I'm not, I just try to tell it the way I was taught and the way I do it. Most owners manuals will tell the min. overhead clearance but to be honest your the first one that ever said 3 feet is sufficient. If it works for you go for it, you sound like you know what your talking about, some things I just don't agree on, nothing personal. I was wondering why your on so much of a post roll though, it almost looks like your trying to show the other guys what you know.
    I'm just stating what the manuel says. I totally agree (always) more air is better. The problem with this site is we don't get all the info. the first time.