+ Reply to Thread

Question Where do I find Rock wool Mineral wool insulation

I am insulating a stud wall running parallel to a chimney. There is a 2" air gap between the studs and chimney. I would like to use a product that is effective at elevated temperatures. Rock wool or mineral wool have been suggested but I can't seem to find where to buy it. Does it come in batts like fiberglass insulation? I found 2'X4' rigid mineral wool panels..can that be used? Thanks in advance for your time.

Default Re: Where do I find Rock wool Mineral wool insulation

Here's four to start with, I've never used it but read on the NET that it has a min. melting point of 1800-2000 degrees. I also don't know what configuration it comes in, give these guys a call, I'm sure they'll be able to answer your questions. Good Luck !!!

Erie Industrial Companies Rick Gallagher 492 Geiger Street Berea, Ohio 44017, USA Telephone 440 243 1277 Fax 440 243 3016 E-mail: erieind@aol.com Locations in Ohio

Owens Corning Scott Shipman One Owens Corning Parkway Toledo, Ohio 43659, USA Telephone 419.248.8000 E-mail: answers@answers.owenscorning.com

Advantage Insulation Distributors, Inc. Paul Matula P.O. Box 360110 Strongsville, Ohio 44136, USA Telephone 440-846-8343 Fax 888-535-2434 E-mail: info@advantageidi.com

Refractory Specialties, Inc. - Sebring, OH

Default Re: Where do I find Rock wool Mineral wool insulation

Quote Originally Posted by flatheadkid View Post
    I am insulating a stud wall running parallel to a chimney. There is a 2" air gap between the studs and chimney. I would like to use a product that is effective at elevated temperatures. Rock wool or mineral wool have been suggested but I can't seem to find where to buy it. Does it come in batts like fiberglass insulation? I found 2'X4' rigid mineral wool panels..can that be used? Thanks in advance for your time.
    Yep ---- sure does.
    here's another link .................. http://www.roxul.com/home

click on the "Residential " tab then select " Where to buy"

Hopefully this helps.
    "" an ounce of perception -- a pound of obscure "
    - Rush