+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Question small concrete patio with brick??? possible

I want to build a small 10 foot round patio detached from my house. I am thinking of pouring a concrete slab over gravel and then dropping some bricks and concrete pavers adorned with various tile pieces. Is this possible??? I am walking away from the typical sand base brick top patio because I want to lay these bricks on a non-symmetrical pattern. Am I wasting my energy or is this possible? Thanks for any information.
    Gabriela

Default Re: small concrete patio with brick??? possible

I'm not an expert by any stretch of the imagination so keep that in mind when reading my response. If I wanted to do something like what you are talking about, I would think that the best way to do it would be to pour the slab below grade (the normal height of the surrounding land + grass) and then set the pavers, bricks and tile pieces in the proper type of mortar just like you would when building a vertical wall but horizontally instead. You will need to use a LOT more mortar for the obviously thinner tile pieces but I believe that it would work. If none of the experts here answer your question, you can probably get some good advice at Home Depot or Lowe's on a project like that too. Good luck!